What Will Inspire the Next Generation of Women and Girls to Stand Up & Lead
Washington, DC – Since Election Day, over 4200 women have put their names forward to run for office. As the organization dedicated to encouraging women and girls to run for public office, She Should Run has seen a 4000 percent increase in the number of nominations.
But with the women’s community energized, the question is now – what will inspire the next generation of women and girls to lead? She Should Run will be asking some of the leading voices in the country that very question at their sixth annual National Conversation Tuesday, December 6, 2016 in Washington, D.C.
Speakers include: Rep. Martha Roby (R-AL), Rep. Cheri Bustos (D-IL), Mindy Finn, former Vice Presidential candidate, Sarah Hurwitz, political speechwriter and Maria Arias, Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion at Comcast. Hosted by Jess Weiner. A full list of speakers can be found here.
All discussions are open to the media.
What: She Should Run National Conversation
Where: Studio Theatre 1501 14th Street NW Washington, DC 20005
When: Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 4 p.m.
- Rep. Martha Roby (R-AL)
- Rep. Cheri Bustos (D-IL)
- Mindy Finn, former Vice Presidential candidate
- Sarah Hurwitz, Political Speechwriter
- Maria Arias, Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion at Comcast
- Denene Millner, Author, Journalist, & Creator of MyBrownBaby
- Nathalie Molina Nino, Brava Investments
- New Jersey Rep. Maria Rodriguez-Gregg (R)
- Sayu Bhojwani, Founder & President, New American Leaders Project
- Soraya Chemaly, Writer & Director, Women’s Media Center Speech Project
- Reshma Saujani, Founder & CEO, Girls Who Code
ABOUT SHE SHOULD RUN
She Should Run is a non-partisan 501(c)3 organization committed to inspiring more women and girls to get into the race for elected leadership. More information is available at www.sheshouldrun.org